Gb7hu d-star repeater gateway update

Discussion in 'News' started by Andy G0VRM, 2 September 2012.

By Andy G0VRM on 2 September 2012 at 11:38
  1. Andy G0VRM

Andy G0VRM Active Member
    Committee Member

The GB7HU D-Star Repeater is now running new gateway software - the G4KLX ircDDBGateway.

The new icrDDBGateway software offers a much improved "callsign routing" system which is updated in near real-time via Internet Relay Chat (irc) and connectons to the existing REF reflectors, as before, and the new and much improved DCS reflectors - which have an updated network protocol designed to prevent transmissions being lost in the "D-Star black hole".

Each transmission on a repeater or gateway capable of ircDDB routing can be seen on the ircDDB Live web page (http://www.ircddb.net/live.htm), which can be used to see which users and reflectors are active before linking.

ircddblive.jpg

If you would like your callsign to appear on this listing and be seen on this web page, you need to turn your visibility on - when you first go on this page you will see a blue bar which links to a web page describing how to do this by editing the URCALL on your radio. You only need transmit once with this setting as this is remembered by the system.

From the user's standpoint the system works in exactly the same way as before, although we don't have all the features working at the moment so please bear with us. The repeater is set to connect to the DCS005B reflector by default and after 15 minutes of inactivity so you should always find someone to talk to and I am monitoring this reflector from home by my own gateway if you have any questions.

Attached to this message are the manuals for the Gateway and for the Repeater package which allows non-Icom systems to be connected - including FM and EchoLink. I will be going around the local radio clubs giving lectures on the new system when I work out how to use it myself!

73 de Andy
    Secretary
    East Yorkshire Repeater Group

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Andy G0VRM, 2 September 2012.