Stop Press Regarding D-Star

Discussion in 'News' started by Andy G0VRM, 15 February 2011.

By Andy G0VRM on 15 February 2011 at 23:06
  1. Andy G0VRM

Andy G0VRM Active Member
    Committee Member

Today I received the following e-mail from the RSGB ETCC...

"I am pleased to tell you that we have been able to get clearance for GB3HU to become GB7HU. The Primary User has ( not without some persuading!) agreed to the mode change with no other change in parameters. I am working with Ofcom Licensing to get the paperwork sorted."

Tony Harris and G2DPA. like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Andy G0VRM, 15 February 2011.

1. Andy G0VRM
      Andy G0VRM
      This should be titled "Stop Press Regarding D-Star" but I can't edit the title! (Lyndon)
    2. G2DPA.
      G2DPA.
      Well done Andy - great news indeed for the EYRG!
    3. phillip hardacre
      phillip hardacre
      oh what a shame, now we poor hams are stuck with hs
    4. phillip hardacre
      phillip hardacre
      will the people who dont want to use dstar get a refund on repeater subs?
    5. Andy G0VRM
      Andy G0VRM
      Your frequent activity on GB3HU has been noted in my usage log over the past six months...

It just goes to show that no one wants something until the threat of it being taken away is made - this decision has not been made lightly and has been made to ensure that the funding we worked hard to secure does not have to be returned back to the source.
    6. G2DPA.
      G2DPA.
      Phillip I am frankly shocked by your comments. What is wrong with GB3HS? ..... GB3HS has been in service since 1974 and has served many generations of Radio Amateurs without complaint. It is very disturbing to note that the efforts and hard work done by so few are again not appreciated.
      A couple of months ago on a well known CB forum a very nasty and offensive posting was posted and I quote
      The EYRG is a very pro-active and hard working group who give up hundreds of hours of their valuble free time to provide a service to the Amateur Radio fraternity. If more of the Radio Amateurs within the UK spent just a little time and effort and became members of thier local Repeater Group and supported them, rather than posting negitive and offensive comments, it would influence their outcome and the future of the UK Repeater Service. It is no good complaining and posting comments after the plug is pulled on a service! Become a member and come to our meetings and AGM and vote on issues!!!!! We are not mind readers.

And finally, the abuse that has been disrupting our Repeaters (and simplex) is not the fault of the EYRG, but many are using this as to not becoming members. If we all thought the same our repeaters would close down due to lack of funds and our offender has won. The only funding we recieve is from donations and membership from which we pay monthly electric, RSGB affiliation, site rental, insurance for 5 repeaters, repairs & renewals and site maintainence. I raise my glass to the the EYRG officers / committee and our long serving and new members. Without them we could not possibly survive. Thank you one and all. Cheers!
      Tony Harris likes this.
    7. M0LDR
      M0LDR
      No worries, changed as requested! As soon as permissions are set, just hover over thread tools at the top of the page and chose edit. :)
    8. KEITH
      KEITH
      well done andy
    9. Mike M6OZZ
      Mike M6OZZ
      Great news indeed !
    10. KEITH
      KEITH
      just got this message from 2e0vls for the repeater group he says

just like to say thanks to the repeater group for all there hard work that is not always appreciated, and as for the dstar on 70cm that can only be good for the hobby. it is little used on fm and there is always the 2m repeaters to be used and i think it give a fair crack to all hams that uses different modes. Ray 2e0vls
      Tony Harris likes this.
    11. G2DPA.
      G2DPA.
      Nice to hear that Ray VLS is OK. I haven't heard Ray on 2 Metres for a while. Does he still go to the H&DARS? Many years since I took him for his Foundtion license at EGRAC. Tell him from me that I wan't to see an Mo in front of the VLS soon hi! ....... In fact tell him to get on the forum!!
    12. KEITH
      KEITH
      ill get him signed up baz he spends time on d-star but is geting on fm a little bit more
    13. G2DPA.
      G2DPA.
      Good man!

Oh, Iwill be paying a visit to H&DARS tommorow with Harold. Got some documents for Harold to sign.
    14. KEITH
      KEITH
      OK Baz see you both tonight.